The Institute of International Shipping and Trade Law is organizing a one-and-a-half-day in-person workshop on the important and topical theme of ‘The Protection of Vulnerable People at Sea’ (17-18 May, Swansea University).
Confirmed panellists are:
- Dr Zoumpoulia Amaxilati (ISTL)
- Professor Richard Barnes (University of Lincoln & University of Tromsø)
- Professor Richard Collins (Queen’s University Belfast)
- Professor Edwin Egede (Cardiff University)
- Professor Steven Haines (University of Greenwich)
- Neil Henderson (Gard AS)
- Dr Richard L. Kilpatrick, Jr. (College of Charleston)
- Andrea Longo (One Ocean Hub)
- Professor Irini Papanicolopulu (SOAS University of London)
- Dr Aphrodite Papachristodoulou (University of Galway)
- Francesca Romana Partipilo (Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies)
- Matilde Rocca (University of Padova)
- Dr Mercedes Rosello (Leeds Beckett University)
- Dr Jessica Schechinger (University of Glasgow)
- Chris Whomersley (Former Deputy Legal Adviser, Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office)
- Sir Michael Wood KC, Barrister (Twenty Essex Chambers, London)
The full programme of the workshop can be found here.
The workshop is open to all and there is no fee to attend. Participation can be registered via the following link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-protection-of-vulnerable-people-at-sea-tickets-558622122807.